17.12.04

[TV] ...And Corey Haim, Does He Play a Demonic Toy?

I have to admit I've been mesmerized by the previews for the SciFi Channel's made-for-TV movie, Puppet Master v. Demonic Toys ..... if anything can divert our attention from the escalating violence in Iraq, surely this will do the trick. But then I caught that Puppet Master will star Corey Feldman! What made me think he was somewhere in a drug-induced coma?

I seem to recall photographer/film auteur/perderast Larry Clark had a one-man show back in the early 80s in NYC, devoted entirely to pictures of the other Corey. (Clark's films include Kids and Bully, both of which mixed up male-on-male sex and violence. His books include Tulsa, Teenage Lust and Perfect Childhood.) Creepy, and on so many different levels!

Anyway, while you're contemplating the upcoming remake of The Lost Boys (by the same director as Lemony Snicket), you can listen to The Thrills' Whatever Happened to Corey Haim?

Drugs for Sex, Sex for Cash ..... I see some great themes taking shape for children's television, come the 2010s!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home